I just wasn’t in the mood

My plans for today included driving into Little Rock, AR, to visit the President Clinton Library and Museum, and the State Capitol Building.  When I got up in the morning, I just wasn’t in the mood for that.  It’s kind of like shopping for me.  I have to be in the mood for it.  The thought of driving around a state capitol and finding a parking place just wasn’t my cup of tea this morning.  I’m glad I didn’t go because it would have been a feeling of dread rather than excitement.

IMG_2035

Instead, I just enjoyed Maumelle COE Park for most of the day.  I did head out for a while to visit Pickle Gap and Toad Suck, AR, but even those two places left me flat.  It just wasn’t one of those days when I could get into touring.

IMG_2036

Since I have a more secluded site in the woods, Emma and I did take a walk down to the banks of the Arkansas River.  It was a beautiful day with temps in the low 80’s, and a nice gentle breeze blowing.

IMG_2038

I guess it was a good day to catch some rays!  I’m supposed to increase the length of my walks each day, and most recently my back hasn’t been protesting too much.  That’s a good thing.  The hip is working just fine, so Emma and I pressed on.

IMG_2040

We hiked the nicely paved Nuttall Trail that weaves its way through the forest above the campground.  It’s a nice trail with benches as rest stops along the way to enjoy the sounds of all the birds.  If you’re a dog, there are plenty of smells, too, to keep things interesting.

My other chore today was to find a grocery store, and a place to fuel up the rig when I leave here on Thursday.  While I was out on the bust trip to Pickle Gap and Toad Suck, I came across a Walmart.  I would rather not shop there, but I didn’t find any other grocery store along the way.  As some of you may remember, finding a gas station that I can into and out of without any trauma is the thing that gives me the most heartburn of this life on the road.  I was able to find an acceptable Valero station not too far away.  The tank is now below 1/2, so that will be my first stop when I pull out.

IMG_2042

Things are peaceful here tonight.  Several folks left during the day, so I have the entire C loop to myself.  Emma and I finished our hike on the trail, and I was happy to see our home in the distance…

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whale Sharks, the Big Friendly Giants

Letters/23

"Masterchef " Finalist Tracy Nailor's Haute Dishes