Can it have only been 1 year?



This weekend marks a year from when R asked me to be marry him. Can it have only been a year? So much has happened in 12 months and while marriage has been an adjustment I still have a hard time imagining life if we hadn't gone down this path. We have moved 3 times. I have taken 10 flights (half international). We have found a church, found a job, made a home. We have exponentially more worldly possessions (in the form of generous wedding gifts, a craig's list sofa, a hand-me-down bed & loveseat and the long-awaited kitchen table & chairs).

When I stop and think about all this change I usually am not sure how we got here, and so I know it must be the Lord. He continues to provide and draw us close to Him. He continues to humble us and show us our need for Him. He is guiding us in as we learn how to "be".

The night R asked me to marry him changed our lives forever and I will never forget it. I was truly surprised even though I hoped it was coming. We had a special dinner looking out over our favorite city and a wonderful celebration after with great friends.


We are "celebrating" by going to a marriage conference. Actually it just happened to fall on this same weekend. The Family Life conference was an engagement gift from R's mom. Those who know me know I'm not one to pass on a hotel stay, but with our busy schedule this spring we decided staying close to home was the best idea. I am glad that R knows me well enough that our mandatory date night tomorrow afternoon will indubitably begin with watching the Florida-Butler Elite Eight men's basketball game.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whale Sharks, the Big Friendly Giants

Letters/23

"Masterchef " Finalist Tracy Nailor's Haute Dishes