My Chanel Obssession Began in Paris!

It was 10 years ago that I made my way to Paris to buy my very first Chanel handbag. I remember walking through the boutique doors at 31 Rue Cambon and setting my eyes on all things Chanel. This is the flagship boutique where the double C logo makes you believe that starting your collection of haute Chanel handbags, shoes, clothes and jewelry is not just a shopping experience but a lifestyle!

As I entered the main area of the boutique it is customary to greet the sales team with a “bonjour” after all when in Paris… you make it a point to greet the shop keepers. As I browsed the amazing collection, I could feel the presence of Mademoiselle Gabrielle (Coco) Chanel. Her influence and philosophy about fashion is timeless.

I had to purchase the classic shoulder bag with the gold chain and lambskin leather. I paid a pretty penny for it, but the dollar was strong at that time so it was less than it would have been had I bought it in the US. Today, the bag has appreciated in value and costs about $3,000.00, but it is expected to increase even more since prices for these sought-after handbags increase annually.

The sales clerk handed my purchase to me in an oversized black and white shopping bag with a Camellia attached with black ribbon—so Coco! As I strolled the streets of Paris with my new purchase, I remembered something Coco once said, “A girl should be two things: Classy and Fabulous!” And so it is… my Chanel obsession began to take on a life of its own.

Today, my collection consists of several handbags, luggage, accessories and clothing. Every Chanel purchase was carefully thought-out before any investment was made. After all a true collector understands the importance of capturing just the right piece that would make even Coco proud!

What's your obssession?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whale Sharks, the Big Friendly Giants

Letters/23

"Masterchef " Finalist Tracy Nailor's Haute Dishes