reality sets in...
It was difficult to pull myself out of bed this morning. In fact, after grabbing my laptop and a mug of coffee, I crawled right back in bed and here I am. Between submitting our bid list today and the death of the new baby panda cub at the National Zoo, what could Monday have to offer?
Though I'm working, the whole working from home or coffee shop or wherever lacks the structure I loved about driving north on I-75 to our lovely (it honestly is lovely- quite well decorated and situated on the 13th floor with a glorious view of buckhead & midtown) office 4 days a week from 8-5 in Atlanta.
Mondays always seem to overwhelm me as the week stretches out in front of me like a half-marathon course you've never run; it's hard at the start to know how it will shape up. While I do have some sort of plans, work- or social-related and enough to do, for each day this week, staying tucked in bed a little longer just seems like a good idea.
The news of the panda cub death is really hard too. They still don't have a preliminary explanation for what happened, but hope to release that later today. After 5 failed pregnancies people here in Washington were truly excited about this new cub and are subsequently really devastated at the loss. I was further disappointed to hear that we named the last panda cub born in DC in 2005, tai shan or butter stick. Really, butter stick? That will definitely make me think twice if we might ever consider naming any children (or any pets for that matter) in a foreign language.
As each week here has, I know the gaps that exist in my days will fill in to make for a full, but not frenetic schedule. With our bid list submitted, the reality that we really could go anywhere on that list and that how we ranked Tashkent, Uzbekistan really doesn't have much importance, will hopefully be a good shift from the intense conversations we've had lately. Granted, dreaming of all the places we might go is a great part of the process and once we do know I feel like some of that intrigue and adventure will be lost.
In the end, fear of the shame of our apartment's maid finding me in my pajamas (again) will eventually pull me out of bed and start my week, but for now, I'm going to hang on to Sunday night just a little while longer. Happy Monday!
Though I'm working, the whole working from home or coffee shop or wherever lacks the structure I loved about driving north on I-75 to our lovely (it honestly is lovely- quite well decorated and situated on the 13th floor with a glorious view of buckhead & midtown) office 4 days a week from 8-5 in Atlanta.
Mondays always seem to overwhelm me as the week stretches out in front of me like a half-marathon course you've never run; it's hard at the start to know how it will shape up. While I do have some sort of plans, work- or social-related and enough to do, for each day this week, staying tucked in bed a little longer just seems like a good idea.
The news of the panda cub death is really hard too. They still don't have a preliminary explanation for what happened, but hope to release that later today. After 5 failed pregnancies people here in Washington were truly excited about this new cub and are subsequently really devastated at the loss. I was further disappointed to hear that we named the last panda cub born in DC in 2005, tai shan or butter stick. Really, butter stick? That will definitely make me think twice if we might ever consider naming any children (or any pets for that matter) in a foreign language.
As each week here has, I know the gaps that exist in my days will fill in to make for a full, but not frenetic schedule. With our bid list submitted, the reality that we really could go anywhere on that list and that how we ranked Tashkent, Uzbekistan really doesn't have much importance, will hopefully be a good shift from the intense conversations we've had lately. Granted, dreaming of all the places we might go is a great part of the process and once we do know I feel like some of that intrigue and adventure will be lost.
In the end, fear of the shame of our apartment's maid finding me in my pajamas (again) will eventually pull me out of bed and start my week, but for now, I'm going to hang on to Sunday night just a little while longer. Happy Monday!
Comments
Post a Comment