Boat parade!


So sorry for the hiatus! Christmas was wonderful and part 1 of our global move (that would be the part where we move our bodies and our stuff mostly comes later) went smoothly. I'm planning to write about all of that soon, but in the meantime I want to catch up on Christmas.

Indian Shores, Fla. is a sleepy little beach town, but in the 13 years since my parents moved there it has been undergoing a transformation. I really think it distinguishes itself from the other beach towns in between Clearwater and St. Pete beaches. It's family friendly without being tacky. It's classy without being snobby. It's clean and cute, and I'm so glad when I go "home" it's where I return to.

I was really excited about getting to go down to the town hall and watch the boat parade on the intracoastal this year. It usually happens a few weeks earlier in the month of December, but this year it fell on Sunday the 23rd so we were able to go.
and you thought Santa rode in a sleigh
I know most people don't think Florida could feel like Christmas, but for me there's nothing prettier than christmas lights reflecting off of the water and palm trees wrapped in white lights. We also toured the beach neighborhoods on Christmas nights and saw lots of tacky Christmas
seester & R sitting on the seawall watching the parade

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whale Sharks, the Big Friendly Giants

Letters/23

"Masterchef " Finalist Tracy Nailor's Haute Dishes