FSO Overnight...

So R took off bright and early this morning for his A-100's "offsite overnight." Yep, you read that right: they're having a slumber party!  No better way to bond with people than ride on a bus for over an hour together and listen to them snore in the middle of the night, I suppose.  While I haven't been told where they are going or what they're doing (I'm not sure R has either, to be honest) here are a few of the scenarios I've cooked up for his next 36 hours:

1-They're taken out into the wilderness to do trust falls & sing kumbaya around a camp fire while making s'mores.  This might be R's favorite scenario because he would be asked to build the camp fire, since he remains an Eagle Scout.

2- They're taken out into the wilderness to test their survival skills a la Hunger Games- last person standing gets to go anywhere on the bid list.  I actually think they drove to West Virginia (disctrict 11 where Katniss & Gale are allegedly from) Pennsylvania-boring! and R would be ok at this although I think it's been a while since he's practiced archery.  They did promise to have him back tomorrow around 5 though and the games can take weeks so this might not be that plausible.

3- They're taken out into the wilderness and have to find their way back to civilization and then complete a race around the world testing their knowledge of people and cultures and geography.  Let's face it, competing in Amazing Race might be the only reality show I could win.

Ok, so at least one part of each of the scenarios is correct and from other FS bloggers I've heard that they do have a good time and it's not very hokey.  I probably won't be allowed to blog about what they did actually do so don't hold your breath for me to reveal it.

I'm home with a head cold and flooding my body with peppermint tea and chicken noodle soup in hopes to recover before a beach weekend with new girl friends and old.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whale Sharks, the Big Friendly Giants

Letters/23

"Masterchef " Finalist Tracy Nailor's Haute Dishes