the long summer & food june...



food june thanks to R- quinoa, black bean chicken burritos
Well we're at the midway point in my summer and I'm beyond excited that we get to visit my little sister in Seattle for 5 days including the 4th of July.  It's just the break we need from the heat, the routine, and the long days of summer.  The pace of summer here in Atlanta always reminds of the saying that the days are long but the years are short.  Was it really 2 YEARS ago that we moved back from East Asia? that we were engaged? that we were foreigners in Atlanta?
I'll definitely post about Seattle when we get back but I couldn't let the month go by without mentioning our #FOODJUNE experiment.
Food June has been lots of fun.  It came about randomly one of the first nights after I was home from my summer assignment (actually the last week of May).  Being away for 3 weeks and with all the travel we did the weeks before, it had been a while since I had been in the kitchen.  So I declared the month of June "foodjune".  We really have only eaten one meal out just the 2 of us while at home for the last 4 weeks and that was vietnamese food which, unless we move there one day, I don't plan to learn to cook.  I love trying new recipes and having friends into our home which was an added bonus to food june.  It also gave us lots to look forward to during a season when lots of friends are traveling.  I'm sure when we return from the Northwest we'll continue our cooking through July. August brings more conferences for work for me which always throws the cooking off a bit but we'll enjoy it while we can.   There were more meals than this but these are the ones I snapped photos of.  Below I document FoodJune- enjoy!
watermelon peach salsa to go with molasses flank steak

pecan crusted salmon (so EASY) and roasted asparagus

shrimp kabobs and amazing grits

pizza! basil, mushrooms, artichoke

new ice cream obsession- Publix new orleans carmel praline
avocado hamburgers

sweet potato chips

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whale Sharks, the Big Friendly Giants

Letters/23

"Masterchef " Finalist Tracy Nailor's Haute Dishes