THIRTY!


I think I've thought more about this birthday than any other of recent years. I know it's just a number and there are much more important days that dictate the seasons of our lives, but it seems like thirty marks "real" adulthood. Which really I welcome these days. The responsibilities of this current seem far less burdensome than they're made out to be.
What I really have to focus on is grasping how wide and deep the love of Christ is for me and those around me, and how I am meant to reflect that uniquely. I am a slow-learner with these types of lessons, but the Lord is patient with me as I experience his grace and love. I feel like I get glimpses of the freedom that resides within this love and I am seeing more of what keeps me from this freedom.

The actual celebration of my first 30 years was so joyous. First after I spent a week at a conference in Miami with our new staff & interns, my sister surprised me with a visit from Seattle! Something I definitely didn't expect or think was possible! Then they went for the double surprise- seester and R planned a surprise party with some of my favorite people. It was sweet and special.
These friends are so fun and now us girls work together and so do our guys!
These people are all an answer to prayer- couples in our small group that have become dear friends here on the Westside of Atlanta!

My sister who has spent countless birthdays attempting to conceal secret surprises which I tended to guess before their time. My two friends on the right have spent my last FOUR birthdays with me- my how time flies- so thankful for them!

So thankful for where the Lord has us right now and the community he's give me to figure out some of this stuff.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whale Sharks, the Big Friendly Giants

Letters/23

"Masterchef " Finalist Tracy Nailor's Haute Dishes