atlantans we are...

In the last month or so I feel like I've reached a new level of "settled". Granted this is the first time in 4 years that I haven't packed all my belongings to move and traveled halfway around the world with a suitcase- so my "settled" is a bit skewed. Still in the last 6 weeks R and I have done a number of things that signify making Atlanta our home.
In no particular order:
1- We celebrated our first holiday at home as a married couple (see previous Easter post).
2- R purchased a Hops City Growler to bring home fresh brew
3- we joined a great small group with 3 other couples from our church and it feels like WE have friends now!
4- we planted gardenias and a few other flowering plants in our yard (anticipate a "secret garden post" soon)
5- Today I went to the library (was tempted to walk but the thunder/hail storms that are threatening prevented me) and got a library card! My first check out included: Don Quixote, Steve Martin's new novel, a Calvino short story compilation, Madeleine L'Engle's A Live Coal In the Sea and a travel guide to Argentina. A bit ambitious for the Memorial Day weekend in the mountains but I love options.

Library cards and sushi friends (friends with which you can all go out to sushi and share several rolls with) have since my days in Gainesville been my American standard for transitioned as opposed to transitioning. I will let you know when the sushi friends are confirmed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whale Sharks, the Big Friendly Giants

Letters/23

"Masterchef " Finalist Tracy Nailor's Haute Dishes